8 Feng Shui Tips for Mirrors
In each family, the mirror is one of the familiar things since ancient times until now. In the concept of feng shui, if the mirrors are put in the right and suitable place, they would have a positive impact on your health, finance as well as fortune or inspire more prosperity . And vice versa, if the mirrors are placed in the wrong location, they will result in many troubles and disadvantages. Remember 10 tips following and you will take benefits from your mirrors:
1. Reflect dining and living areas. Dining rooms are the perfect location for mirrors. Because the dining represents a family’s wealth, this in effect, magnifies this energy. Living rooms where families hold parties and gatherings are also good locations to hang a mirror and can double the number of people in the room for a more festive chi!
2. Use mirrors to hide problems. Although not often thought of as a disguise, mirrors can make problems areas, like square pillars, “disappear.” Many homes have pillars, such as in basements, or in offices that stand in the middle of the room. By mirroring all four sides, the pillar essentially disappears.
3. Use mirrors to double your cash. Placing a mirror to reflect a cash register, your jewelry, or close to the front door of a shop will pull more money chi, customers and prosperity to you.
4. Place mirrors where they can open up space. If you have a really small room or a long hallway, this is the perfect spot to hang a mirror. Lean a mirror against a wall to visually open up the room. Place a mirror along the wall of a hallway to slow down chi and add some interest.
5. DON’T place a mirror opposite a front door. This pushes the energy right back out the door. Time and time again I see businesses that go out of business and they have a mirror opposite the front door. If you want a mirror to open up your foyer, adding a mirror is a great idea. Just don’t put it opposite the front door.
6. DON’T reflect negative views. Make sure mirrors aren’t placed where they’ll reflect a toilet door, a fireplace (above a fireplace is fine), a stovetop, or messy areas. When you can see an ugly view in a mirror, this magnifies the energy. This is especially true of fire. A little fire keeps you warm; a lot of fire can quickly become excessive energy.
7. DON’T place a mirror where it will harm or send cutting energy.This is true of placing a mirror at the end of the hallway, which symbolically says “stay away” and draws negative energy. A mirror placed at the bottom of the stairs will cut off the feet or head; avoid placing here.
8. DON’T place a mirror in the bedroom where it can be over-stimulating. A mirror in the bedroom can create insomnia, especially if it reflects the bed. If there is a problem in the marriage, a mirror can also bring in unwanted interference in the relationship. Better to be safe (and well-rested) than sorry.
Hope you find above advice useful and helpful. If you have any further concerns about Feng Shui Mirrors, please feel free to contact us and you will be satisfied with the very professional advice and consultation of our Master Jeff Lo.